2. Fabunmi OM, Asubiogo BO. Awareness and use of online public access catalogue by students of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria. Library Philosophy and Practice 2013. http://digitalcommons.un/edu/ libphilprac/922.
3. Klomsri T, Tedre M. Poor information literacy skills and practices as barriers to academic performance: A mixed methods study of the University of Dar es Salaam.. Reference & User Services Quarterly 2016; 55: 293–305.
4. EsseUC. Effects of library instruction on satisfaction with the use of library and its services: A study of undergraduate students in five universities in the southern part of Nigeria.European Scientific Journal 2014; 10: 431-441.
5. Ogunmodede TA, Adio G, Odunola OA. Library use education as a correlate of use of library resources in a Nigerian university. Library Philosophy and Practice 2011.http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/495/
6. University of Minnesota Library. Library data and students success. 2013. Retrieved from http://librarydatastudentsuccess.blogspot.com/2013/1 2/first-year-student-use-of-u-libraries.html
7. Omeluzor SU, Akibu AA, Dika SI, Ukangwa CC. Methods, effect and challenges of library instruction in academic libraries. Library Philosophy and Practice2017. http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/1465
8. Nkamnebe EC, Udem OK, Nkamnebe CB. Evaluation of the use of university library resources and services by the students of Paul University, Awka, Anambra State, Nigeria. Library Philosophy and Practice 2014. http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/1147
9. Agboola IO, Bamigboye OB. Students' level of study and user of library resources in Nigerian Universities: a comparative study. Library Philosophy and Practice Retrieved 2011. http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/528
10. Nkamnebe EC, Udem, OK, NkamnebeCB. Evaluation of the use of university library resources and services by the students of Paul University, Awka, Anambra State, Nigeria. Library philosophy and practice 2014. http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/1147
- Abstract viewed - 880 times
- PDF downloaded - 692 times
Medical Library, DeltaState University, Abraka, Delta State, Nigeria
How to Cite
A Survey of First Year Student’s ”Use of Medical Library” in Delta State University, Abraka
Vol 4 No 2 (2019): Volume 4 Number 2
Submitted: Jul 25, 2019
Published: Jun 30, 2019
The main objective of this study was to determine the extent to which the 2016/2017 first year students of the College of Health Science of the Delta State University, Abraka use the medical library.
Materials and Methods:
The research design used for this study was the descriptive survey design. The study population was 718, consisting of all the first year students admitted into the six departments that make up the College of Health Sciences. Using the purposive sampling technique, the sample size for the study was 144.
Results from the study revealed that participation of students in library instruction activity and the extent of use of library services and information resources by first year students of the College of Health Science was low.
First year students, Library use, Medical library